~ Ever been to the PSE Auditorium in downtown Bellevue? While not the same as the space of the same name that is a frequent site of weddings, perhaps it is fitting nonetheless as the Washington Clean Technology Alliance (WCTA) and the Cleantech Open (CTO) pair up there on Friday for what will be one of the year's outstanding events. Our friends at Business Leaders for Climate Solutions are sponsoring as well.
Hear speakers on the Sustainable Aviation Fuels NW initiative, a panel on the future of nuclear power and several local entrepreneurial leaders and the announcement of this year's Pacific Northwest CTO semi-finalists. And of course good food, great networking, fun and probably a few surprises along the way.
Get your tickets here (while they last!)
- 8:00—Registration and Networking
- 9:00—Welcome: Bill McSherry, Boeing/WCTA Chairman
- 9:15—Transforming our Legacy Industries: Jon Kroman, Kroman Law
- John Gardner, Sustainable Aviation Biofuels Northwest Initiative
- Susan Hayman, Hybrid Tugboat Initiative, Foss Maritime
- 10:15—Entrepreneurs Changing the World: Peter Cancelmo, Garvey Schubert Barer
- Infinia—Jason Modrell, Director, Development Programs & Government Relations
- Eco-Tec—Herb Pearse, CEO, Cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico: Navigating a Cleanup Maze
- Clarian—Chad Maglaque, CEO, Winner, GE Ecomagination Challenge, Are You Adaptable? Avoiding Pride of Ownership
- 11:00—Presentation of the 2011 Cleantech Open Semi-Finalists: John Martin [including elevator pitches by the companies]
- 12:00—Lunch: The Post-Fukushima Era: Is Nuclear Power a Safe, Green Power Source? Dr. Ken Nash of Washington State University and a panel of respondents including Jim Harding (Harding Consultants), David Allen (McKinstry), and Pat Schweiger (TerraPower). Moderated by Steve Scher, KUOW
- 1:30—Closing Remarks/Refreshments/Networking